Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Camping

Travis and I went camping to this place no one has ever heard of called Jackson Lake. The campground was beautiful and the lake was beautiful. We had a fun and interesting time.

We sat on the dock and dipped our feet in the water because it was so hot. We went to this campground so we could swim but the lake had green slimy stuff in it and we were not brave enough to put more than our feet in the water!

We had such a pretty area to camp that was surrounded by trees, but that made it so we did not get any wind through our camp and Travis could not keep the fire going without a little breeze. He blew on the fire forever until get just got hot enough coals to cook our food!

Lately we are into playing chess. Travis taught me (yes I am almost 24 and just learned how to play chess properly) and it turns out chess is quite fun. I will never have a chance at beating Travis but he always tells me I came close.

The lake was definitely gorgeous from a distance, too bad the beaches were dirty and the water was gross.

Overall we had a great time. There were TONS of bugs and we had a riot swatting them and spraying them. Of course nothing works. Sometimes I swear that bug repellent actually attracts the bugs! We played lots of games and we had a big enough tent to bring lots of pads and sleep in comfort!

No comments: