Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The story

For those of you who like the labor story here is the super short version of mine. We found out Monday that my insurance would stop on the last day of September and if I did not have the baby by September 30th then we would have to pay the premium. (The ethics of that is a whole other story). When we went to the doctor on Tuesday she said I was 3 cm and 75% effaced and she would induce me that night if I wanted to. Because of the insurance situation we chose to go ahead with that. Tuesday night we went into the hospital and started the lowest does of potocine(don't know how to spell that). They upped it every 4 hours but I never felt anything happening. 8:00 Wednesday morning they broke my water and the contractions started. I ended up getting an epidural around 10:30 and had Mackenzie by 2:40 in the afternoon. So needless to say, we had our baby in time and the insurance has to pay for it!!

2 comments:

Tiffany Winters said...

you rock... good for you! We need to talk. Text me and let me know when a good time to call you is. My schedule is a lot more open than yours so just let me know.

Brooks said...

In your face Insurance! BAM!