Monday, August 10, 2009

I can't believe I am 24!!

I had a fabulous birthday this year. Normally Travis and I do something really fun, but with me being 32 weeks pregnant there weren't many things I could do. For my birthday I spent a couple hours at the pool just laying out, swimming and reading (it was great!).
Then, Travis took me to Maggiano's--a great Italian restaurant. He spent a long time trying to figure out where to go and what to do, it was so sweet. It is hard when I love all food all the time. But he came to the conclusion that I really like Italian and he hit it spot on. I had this plate of lobster ravioli (if you ever go you should order that!).
After eating it was still very hot outside and we both decided to go any where that had air conditioning! We love to browse books and music, so we went to good old Barnes and Noble. We listened to music and browsed. Probably boring for some, but it was just fine with me!

For dessert I chose Dairy Queen, because you can never go wrong with ice cream! Travis got the dipped cone. It is funny because, as it might be the case with you, when we were kids we were only allowed to get the dipped cone. They used to me like 59 cents. Now they are almost 2 dollars!!! Crazy. (By the way, if any one knows how it all works with the dipping and the ice cream not melting let me know!)
I got a blizzard which didn't turn out the way I expected. I once had strawberry shortcake ice cream with Reese's in it so that is what I thought I ordered. But there are little cheesecake and strawberry chunks in the blizzard so it just turned out to be a peanut butter and jelly blizzard. Not bad, but not what I really wanted. Oh well!
Not a very active birthday, but wonderful. Later I just got to relax in a big bubble bath! Thank you to Travis for just being so much fun to be with no matter what we do and really working hard to figure out just what I wanted to do.

3 comments:

Tiffany Winters said...

The most beautiful pregnant 24 year old ever!!! I love that shirt on you!

Brooks said...

Ooh Rachel you look so hot. I was sitting on our back deck and Dustin was playing with fire and I was really wishing you lived 10 feet from us again.

Sandra said...

Looks like you had a wonderful birthday! I sent you a text, but am not sure you got it! We love Maggianos...we wish there was one in Utah. Oh, and 24 is still young...I am going to be 35 in a matter of days!!!AAHHHH!!!